Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center diagnoses and treats adults and children, including infants. We are accepting new patients for those who live in Braintree. Our allergy and asthma specialists diagnose and treat illnesses. We have years of experience and specialize in immunology. We offer allergy testing, including patch testing to diagnose eczema or dermatitis. Immunology services include allergy shots and influenza vaccines. Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center also treats reactions to bees, sinusitis, and hives. Our immunologist will help relieve your symptoms. We commit to improving the quality of life and treating chronic conditions. Braintree patients in need of an allergist or asthma doctor, call us for treatment. Contact our Allergy and Asthma Center at 617-472-7111.
Allergy Testing Services for Braintree Residents
Many allergies mimic other health conditions, and testing helps get a proper diagnosis. Some allergy testing services for Braintree residents include:
- Patch testing diagnoses contact dermatitis or skin eczema. The doctor applies patches of allergens onto the skin and removes them after 48 hours. Then, monitoring continues 72-96 hours later.
- Skin prick testing injects small amounts of natural allergens. This non-invasive allergy testing delivers same-day results. If a mark appears looking like a mosquito bite, you test positive for an allergen.
- Blood testing results take about a week. Our doctor for allergies will draw blood.
- Seasonal allergy testing examples include pollen, grasses, trees, and weeds.
- Environmental allergy testing examines indoor and outdoor irritants. Some allergens include smoke, pet dander, dust, mold, bees, and insects.
- Food allergy testing can rule out a medical condition through a blood or skin test.
- Drug allergy tests diagnose reactions to medications. Common drug allergies include antibiotics, aspirin, penicillin, and anti-convulsants. Our immunologist also tests for monoclonal antibodies and chemotherapy allergies.
Braintree residents searching for “allergy testing near me” contact us for an appointment. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.
Immunologist and Allergy Shots for Braintree
After our immunologist diagnoses you, allergy shots may be a viable treatment option. These immunotherapy injections relieve symptoms and minimize allergic reactions. Our doctor for allergies will determine the schedule of this routine treatment. Get help with seasonal allergies, chronic sinus conditions, or infections. Regular injections also help if you suffer from bee venom, dust, or pet dander allergies. Immunology and allergy shots may help children over six from developing asthma. Our immunologists also offer influenza vaccines. We can monitor you if you previously had an allergic reaction to a flu shot. Braintree residents looking for “allergy testing near me” call us. Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy can discuss this treatment at 617-472-7111.
Asthma Diagnosis and Treatment Braintree
Many children and adults suffer from asthma, a common and chronic illness. This breathing condition interferes with daily life, impacting sleep and physical activity. Asthma has no cure, but medication and avoidance deliver effective relief. Symptoms include coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness. Asthma can develop from allergens, respiratory infections, and even cold Massachusetts air. Triggers like smoke, dust, and other irritants can cause asthma attacks. Our immunologist can help manage your condition so you can live without limitations. We use a breathing test or spirometry on patients six years and older. For younger children, we diagnose asthma based on symptoms and a physical exam. Effective management includes medication and avoiding asthmatic triggers. Our asthma center will develop a treatment plan and regularly monitor your illness. Our Board-Certified asthma doctors have years of experience. Braintree patients contact Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy for treatment.
Adult and Pediatric Allergist Services for Braintree
Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center provides adult and pediatric services to Braintree patients.
Immunologist and allergist services include:
- Allergy testing can diagnose adults and children, including infants. Our allergists also perform patch testing to test for eczema or contact dermatitis.
- Allergy treatments include medication, lifestyle changes, and monitoring.
- Allergy shots reduce patients’ symptoms with scheduled injections.
- Food allergy testing rules out conditions in adult and pediatric patients. Food allergies have no cure. Treatment often includes an epi-pen, avoidance, and monitoring.
- Seasonal allergy testing helps diagnose symptoms during certain times of the year.
- Allergens cause up to 80% of asthma in adults and 50% in children. Asthma doctors help patients manage this common, chronic, and incurable condition. Routine care includes an annual breathing test. Our asthma doctor regularly monitors pediatric patients under six.
In Braintree, when looking for an “allergist near me,” contact our office. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111. We are accepting new adult and pediatric patients.
Food Allergy Testing Braintree MA
Food allergies sometimes get confused with intolerance. Allergic reactions can be life-threatening and result in anaphylaxis. Food allergies can cause breathing and digestive issues or rashes and hives. You may feel tingling, start swelling, or have watery and itchy eyes and a stuffy nose. Food allergies have no cure, but our doctors of immunology can help you manage the condition. Our immunologist can perform food allergy testing on infants. Your allergist Dr Vallen will decide between skin or blood testing to diagnose food allergies. Our allergists test for different foods. They include eggs, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, soy, wheat, fish, and sesame seeds. Patients often carry an epi-pen, avoid the foods, and wear a medical alert bracelet.
Braintree residents, searching for “food allergy testing near me,” call for an appointment. Contact Vallen Asthma and Allergy Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.