Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center provides high-quality care to improve your life. For allergy and asthma relief in Hingham, our center has experienced board-certified doctors. We diagnose and treat adult and pediatric patients, including infants. Our office is currently accepting new patients and offers in-person and remote visits. We have allergy and asthma specialists for Hingham to give you the best care. Our immunologists treat chronic conditions, including sinusitis and hives. We offer allergy testing and shots, along with influenza vaccines. Our allergy and immunology services focus on treating and managing your illness. If you have eczema or dermatitis, we offer patch testing to help diagnose your condition. If you need an allergy or asthma doctor in Hingham, MA, contact us. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center at 617-472-7111.
Allergy Testing Services for Hingham Residents
Our Board-Certified Doctor for allergies does testing to diagnose and treat chronic conditions.
Allergy testing services for Hingham residents include:
- Patch testing diagnoses allergic eczema or dermatitis. An allergist applies patches on the skin and removes them 48 hours later. Reading the patch testing area continues after 72-96 hours.
- Skin prick testing injects small amounts of natural allergens then monitors them. If a mark appears, you have an allergy. Test results come back the same day. The allergy test is non-invasive, but you may have mild discomfort.
- Blood tests take approximately a week and require bloodwork.
- Seasonal allergy testing relates to pollen, grass, trees, and weeds.
- Environmental allergy testing detects multiple irritants. Some include pet fur, dust, mold, bee stings, and insects.
- Food allergy testing helps our immunologist rule out or confirm your medical condition.
- Drug allergy testing checks for antibiotics, aspirin, and anti-convulsant medications. You may also be allergic to penicillin, monoclonal antibodies, or chemo.
Hingham residents searching for “allergy testing near me” contact our center. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy for an appointment at 617-472-7111.
Immunology and Allergy Shots for Hingham
Allergy shots effectively treat certain types of conditions through routine injections. Our doctor of immunology will determine how often you need allergy shots. This form of immunotherapy reduces allergy attacks and symptoms. Injections can help with sinus conditions, like chronic sinusitis and infections. Our immunologists also use this therapy to treat seasonal allergy symptoms. Allergy shots are 98% effective in treating patients allergic to bee venom. Children can receive allergy shots to lower their chance of asthma. Our immunologists also offer flu shots.
When searching “allergy shots near me” in Hingham, contact us for an appointment. Reach Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.
Asthma Diagnosis and Treatment Hingham
Asthma is a common breathing condition that affects all ages. We provide asthma diagnosis and treatment for Hingham patients. Asthma has no cure but can effectively be treated and managed. To diagnose this chronic illness, our asthma doctor performs a breathing test. Patients under age six cannot have a spirometry, but we will examine them for a diagnosis. We may do allergy testing to identify what triggers an asthma attack. Irritants like smoke, dust, or pollen can cause wheezing. Exercise and respiratory infections can worsen symptoms of chest tightness and coughing. Cold Massachusetts air can even give you trouble breathing. After proper diagnosis, our asthma doctor will form a treatment plan. Avoiding asthmatic triggers and taking medication will improve your quality of life.
For asthma diagnosis and treatment in Hingham, contact us to schedule a visit. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.
Adult and Pediatric Allergist for Hingham MA
Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center treats adults and children, including infants.
Adult and pediatric allergist and immunologist services for Hingham, MA include:
- Allergy testing helps us diagnose immunology conditions in adults and children, including infants. Our allergists also perform patch testing to test for eczema or contact dermatitis.
- Allergy treatment may include medication, lifestyle changes, and routine care.
- Allergy shots, a form of immunotherapy, reduce patients’ symptoms with regular injections.
- Food allergy testing rules out illnesses in both adult and pediatric patients. Immunotherapy often includes an epi-pen and avoidance because food allergies have no cure.
- Seasonal allergy testing helps diagnose conditions during certain times of the year.
- Asthma doctors help patients manage this common and chronic illness. Allergies account for nearly 80% of asthma in adults and 50% in children. Annual care for patients over six includes a breathing test. Our asthma doctor regularly checks pediatric patients under six.
Are you in Hingham, MA, and looking for an “allergist near me?” Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy is accepting new patients. Call us to schedule an appointment at 617-472-7111.
Food Allergy Testing Hingham MA
Food allergies appear as other medical conditions, including intolerance. Food allergy testing helps our doctor rule out or identify an illness. Our allergist can do a skin or blood test. A food allergy can be life-threatening and result in anaphylaxis or hospitalization. Allergic reactions can manifest in breathing, digestive, and swelling issues. Food allergies can also cause hives or a rash. You can also feel tingling in your lips, scalp, or feet. Other allergic reactions can be congestion along with itchy, watery eyes and nose. Our immunologists can perform food allergy testing on infants. Common allergic foods include dairy, peanuts, seafood, wheat, and seeds. A food allergy has no cure, but our doctors of immunology can help you maintain it. Therapy includes carrying an epinephrine autoinjector (epi-pen) and food avoidance. Our allergists will also recommend wearing a medical alert identifier.
If you live in Hingham, MA, and are searching for “food allergy testing near me,” contact our office. Call Vallen Asthma and Allergy Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.