Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center diagnoses and treats adults and children. We focus on providing high-quality care and improving our patients’ lives. Our allergy and asthma specialists offer remote and safe in-person visits. Our Board-Certified Doctor of Immunology may need to perform allergy testing. We perform skin and blood testing for all types of allergies, including seasonal. You can get patch testing for eczema or dermatitis at Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center. We treat chronic symptoms with allergy shots, medication, and other forms of immunotherapy. Allergist and immunologist services also include flu shots and treating chronic sinus conditions. If you have been searching for an “allergist near me” in Milton, call us to set up an appointment. Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy is accepting new patients.
Allergy Testing Services for Milton Residents
Many allergies mimic other illnesses. Our immunologist will decide if allergy testing is necessary and which type of test. Allergy testing services for Milton residents include:
- Patch testing diagnoses dermatitis or eczema by placing allergens on the skin. We remove the patches after 48 hours, then continue reading the site 72-96 hours later.
- Skin prick testing injects small amounts of allergens. After monitoring the skin, if a mark appears similar to a mosquito bite, you have an allergy. This non-invasive allergy testing delivers same-day results.
- Blood test results come back in about a week. Our doctor for allergies will draw blood for the testing.
- Seasonal allergy testing includes pollen, grass, trees, and weeds.
- Environmental allergy testing examines indoor and outdoor irritants. Allergens include pet dander, dust, mold, and bees.
- Food allergy testing gives insight into possible medical conditions in children and adults.
- Drug allergy tests diagnose different medications that may cause a reaction. Common allergies include antibiotics, aspirin, penicillin, and anti-convulsant medications. Our immunologist can also test for monoclonal antibodies and chemotherapy allergies.
Milton residents searching for “allergy testing near me” contact us. Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy will help develop the best treatment plan for you. Call 617-472-7111.
Immunology and Allergy Shots for Milton
Allergy shots are regular injections and a form of immunotherapy to minimize symptoms. Our immunologist will decide how often you need the treatment. Depending on the severity and type of allergies, shots may work. Allergy shots can stop or reduce attacks and help with chronic sinus conditions. These immunotherapy injections help with environmental and seasonal allergies. Allergy shots effectively reduce triggers like dust mites and animal dander. For children over six, immunotherapy may prevent them from developing asthma. Our Board-Certified Doctor of Immunology also administers flu shots. In Milton, when searching for “allergy shots” near me, contact our center in Quincy. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma at 617-472-7111.
Asthma Diagnosis and Treatment Milton
Approximately 17 million adults and children in the U.S. have asthma. Our center provides asthma diagnosis and treatment to our Milton patients. This chronic and common breathing condition has no cure. Our asthma doctor can effectively treat your illness and improve daily living. Untreated asthma disrupts one’s life, and allergies can trigger an attack. Asthma can be managed with medication and avoiding triggers, like smoke or dust. Our immunologists may do allergy testing to determine the cause of asthma attacks. We treat asthmatic adult and pediatric patients. Our asthma doctors will diagnose the condition with a breathing test or spirometry. Children under six cannot take this test, so we perform a regular exam. After proper diagnosis, we will prescribe medication and recommend avoiding triggers. If you need an asthma doctor in Milton, contact us to schedule an appointment. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.
Adult and Pediatric Allergist for Milton MA
Our adult and pediatric allergist has years of experience treating Milton, MA patients.
Immunologist and allergist services for adults and children include:
- Allergy testing helps us diagnose conditions in adults and children, including infants. Our allergists also perform patch testing to test for eczema.
- Allergy treatment can be medication, avoidance, and regular follow-ups.
- Allergy shots reduce patients’ symptoms with scheduled injections.
- Food allergy testing rules out conditions in both adult and pediatric patients. Treatment often involves an epi-pen and avoidance because food allergies have no cure.
- Seasonal allergy testing helps diagnose symptoms that occur during periods of the year.
- Allergens cause nearly 80% of asthma in adults and 50% in children. Asthma doctors help patients manage this common and incurable condition. Routine care for patients over six includes an annual breathing test. Our asthma doctor regularly monitors pediatric patients under six.
Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center is currently accepting new patients. If you need an “allergist near me” in Milton, MA, call us at 617-472-7111.
Food Allergy Testing Milton MA
Food allergies can be fatal and often get mistaken as another medical condition. Allergy testing helps rule out or diagnose medical conditions. Allergic reactions to food can result in anaphylaxis and other breathing issues. Food allergies can cause digestive problems, rashes, hives, and swelling. You may feel tingling in your feet, lips, or scalp from a food allergy. Other symptoms include itchy or watery eyes and nose, along with congestion. Our immunologist does food allergy testing on adults and children. We will decide on skin or blood allergy testing to get some answers. Our allergist tests eggs, milk, peanuts, fish, soy, wheat, and seeds. There is no cure if you have a food allergy, but our immunology doctors can help you manage it. Patients often carry an epinephrine autoinjector or epi-pen. We will also strongly recommend avoiding the foods and wearing a medical alert ID.
For “food allergy testing near me” in Milton, MA, call us to schedule an appointment. Contact Vallen Asthma and Allergy Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.