We have a team of experienced allergy and asthma specialists for Weymouth patients. Our doctors of immunology diagnose and treat adults and children, including infants. We are currently accepting new patients. You can get relief by seeing one of our Board-Certified Allergy and Asthma Doctors. We offer remote and safe in-person visits at the center. Our doctors of immunology provide allergy testing to develop a treatment plan. Immunotherapy also includes seasonal allergy testing. Our experienced allergy and asthma specialists do patch testing to diagnose eczema. We also treat asthma, sinus conditions and administer flu shots. Weymouth patients can schedule a visit by calling us. Contact Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy, MA at 617-472-7111.
Allergy Testing Services for Weymouth Residents
Allergy testing rules out other medical conditions that may have similar symptoms.
Our allergy testing services for Weymouth residents include:
- Patch testing diagnoses eczematous conditions or contact dermatitis. An allergist applies patches on the skin and removes them after 48 hours. Reading continues on the patch testing area after 72-96 hours.
- Skin prick testing injects small amounts of natural allergens. If a mark appears looking like a mosquito bite, you test positive for an allergy. Results come back within a day. You may feel minor discomfort, but the test is not painful.
- Blood tests take approximately one week to get results.
- Seasonal allergy testing relates to pollen, grasses, trees, and weeds.
- Environmental allergy testing looks for irritants. Some include pets, dust, mold, bee stings, and insect bites.
- Food allergy testing helps the immunologist understand symptoms.
- Drug allergy testing detects antibiotics, aspirin, penicillin, and anti-convulsant medications. Other allergies include monoclonal antibodies and chemo.
Are you in Weymouth and searching for “allergy testing near me?” Contact Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy for an appointment. Call 617-472-7111.
Immunologist and Allergy Shots for Weymouth
Allergy shots provide long-term relief, symptom reduction, and minimize attacks. Our allergist and immunologist may recommend injections as treatment. If you suffer from environmental or seasonal allergies, shots may help. Children can receive allergy shots, which may prevent pediatric asthma. This form of immunotherapy needs routine administration, which our doctor will determine. Allergy shots also help with sinus problems, including infections and chronic sinusitis. Our immunologist also gives flu vaccines. If you need allergist and immunologist services in Weymouth, contact us. Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center is located in Quincy and accepts new patients.
Asthma Diagnosis and Treatment Weymouth
Asthma is a chronic respiratory illness that, unfortunately, has no cure. However, with the proper diagnosis and treatment, your life will improve. Our asthma doctor helps adult and pediatric patients breathe better. Treatment includes medication and avoiding asthmatic attack triggers. We may perform allergy testing to determine what causes an attack. To diagnose asthma, we perform a breathing test or spirometry on patients six and older. Monitoring asthma requires annual testing. We examine younger children, and our asthma doctor routinely monitors them. Allergens, respiratory infections, physical activity, and cold Massachusetts air can cause asthma. Contact us to schedule an appointment for asthma diagnosis and treatment in Weymouth. Call Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.
Adult and Pediatric Allergist Services for Weymouth
Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center offers adult and pediatric services to Weymouth patients.
Immunologist and allergist services include:
- Allergy testing helps us diagnose conditions in adult and pediatric patients. Our allergists also perform patch testing for eczema or dermatitis.
- Allergy treatment may include medication, lifestyle changes, and routine care.
- Allergy shots reduce patients’ symptoms with scheduled injections.
- Food allergy testing rules out conditions in both adult and pediatric patients. Since this allergy has no cure, treatment often includes an epi-pen and avoidance.
- Seasonal allergy testing helps diagnose symptoms during different times of the year.
- Allergens cause nearly 80% of asthma in adults and 50% in children. Asthma doctors help adults and children manage this long-term and common condition. Routine care for patients over six includes an annual breathing test. Our asthma doctor regularly monitors pediatric patients under six.
Vallen Allergy and Asthma Center offers remote and in-person visits for Weymouth patients. For an appointment, call our center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.
Food Allergy Testing Weymouth MA
Food allergy testing helps diagnose by ruling out other conditions. Allergic reactions can be life-threatening, with severe breathing trouble. Food allergy testing determines a treatment plan because there is no cure. Therapy may include an epi-pen (epinephrine autoinjector), avoidance, and wearing a medic alert ID. Food allergies vary and cause different reactions. Issues can affect digestion, skin, muscles, eyes, nose, and nerves. Our allergist will diagnose through blood or skin testing. We test children, including infants, for food allergies. Our allergists test dairy, seafood, nuts, seeds, soy, and wheat. If you live in Weymouth, MA, and are searching for “food allergy testing near me,” contact us. Call Vallen Asthma and Allergy Center in Quincy at 617-472-7111.